Thursday, October 8, 2009

nature faces






I guess you could call these prints collaborative works, since it was my wife Kris who made all the stamps (used in these prints) herself. I got the idea late one night while drifting off to sleep, and fortunately didn't forget it the next day. Don't you hate when that happens? Anyhow, I call 'em "Nature Faces" because most of the stamps have something to do with things you find in nature - particularly in the woods of North America. None of them were planned out - I just started stamping, usually, first with what looked like could have been a pair of eyes, then I got into a zone of sorts. They remind me of something from a Miyazaki film - "Princess Mononoke" or "Spirited Away" come to mind. All I know is that they were lots of fun to create and all of these are in Ellen's big, A4 sketchbook Moleskine, as part of the exchange organized by Andrea Martinez.