Sunday, November 29, 2009

"a splotch monster compendium volume one" is available now



I always wanted to publish a little book of some sort and during the last few arts and crafts fairs I've been to, people were saying how cool my Splotch Monsters would look in a book. So, I ended up going through a little self-publishing group of sorts called Blurb, and had one made specifically dedicated to the two-hundred plus Splotch Monsters I've painted/drawn so far. Now, the book is available through Blurb and ready for purchase in three different formats. I've got to say, I'm pretty excited about this and actually ordered a few for myself today as soon as they went up for sale. You can get a small sneak peek of the book at the Blurb site (or simply click on the link on the right hand side of my blog). I will say, there are definitely more surprises inside that you won't see at the site. I also decided to make these books all available on the highest quality premium paper, which raised the prices a bit, but I also decided to keep the prices where they are by not going with the option of making a profit from the book. What I like about Blurb is that you can find some very well made books featuring some remarkable photographers, artists and writers, and you can't find these books in any book stores anywhere. More than anything, since a good deal of my Splotch Monsters have been sold or traded in both postcard and ATC form, I did this book for myself. However, I thought it would be fun to make the book available to the public. When the books arrive I'll do a follow up post about them here at my blog. Can't wait!