Friday, January 22, 2010

working on a new book


Sorry if I haven't been blogging much lately. Recently, I finally got back into painting again with acrylics. It's a slow process - getting back into painting, but finally the wheels are in motion. In the meantime, I also started some work on a new book which will hopefully be out in February, once again through Blurb. It's a compilation of some of my favorite animal drawings and sketches from the past several years. It's been fun looking through some of my work from during this brief time period. I used to draw a lot - almost every day. I don't know if I could ever get that dedicated again, but it's worth a try. Some of the work I was looking through made me cringe, while others made me pleasantly surprised. I'm trying to place more of an emphasis this year on quality over quantity, with regards to my art making, and focus more on some styles I've developed and enjoyed working with recently. You can click any of the images in this post for a larger view.