Sunday, March 28, 2010

sketch dump: 3/2010





This month I decided to do some drawings based on some animals living in the Leesburg, Virginia area, including one of the amazing giant tortoises at the Leesburg Animal Park. These were all drawn using black Pigma Micron pens over some watered down acrylic washes in an A4 watercolor Moleskine. Again, this was part of Big A's Moleskine Exchange, which has been a real motivator for me as far as keeping with drawing and sketching every month. While I usually draw from other people's photos of animals, I decided to use my own this time around. I may even try some very large drawings/paintings of this nature in the near future. Now, if only I could get a good shot of the big blue heron who hangs out at a nearby outdoor park. Unfortunately, Steve Irwin, I definitely am not!