Sunday, May 9, 2010

tony white ~ "hokusai - an animated sketchbook"



I've seen this short film featured at both Drawn! and Danny Gregory's site, and I've been wanting to post it here at my blog as well. Hokusai has always been my favorite artist, and after seeing a massive retrospective of his work in DC several years ago, my respect for his art deepened even more. Above is a five minute short featuring the work of world-renowned animator Tony White, bringing Hokusai's prints and sketches to life. This could not have been an easy task, and only an artist of superb skill could pull this off. I love this film - it's peaceful, contemplative, educational and inspirational, and it's been a while since I've last seen it. For those seeking a creative boost, please take a few minutes to check this film out.