Wednesday, July 7, 2010

daikaiju toys and art - yes!






While researching some images for the Godzilla versus Hedorah drawing I made last week, I found some super cool daikaiju posters and toys via Flickr. Some of the standout sources included old (mostly Godzilla and Gammera) posters from collector of all things cool and retro-future, Modern Fred. All five posters above are from Modern Fred's Flickr stream, where there's a lot more to be found. Some look like either wood or lino-cuts even! Really beautiful work! Below are some photos found at Matthew Kirscht's Flickr stream. In addition to being a collector of awesome toys, I discovered Matt's also an amazing artist! Don't hesitate to check out his Flickr site for more cool toys and art.







In the meantime, a couple of people asked me why my comments are disabled. I hated to do it but I've been fielding spam for a while now, and even though I had comment moderator on, it was a pain going through my e-mail and deleting it all. Much of it was in a language I don't even know. The spam was also going to the Moleskine exchange I belong to, including what I would assume were harmful links. So, not having the time to waste anymore on such matters, I simply closed comments, at least for now. It's a bummer, 'cause I miss all the nice comments people would leave, but on the same token, if you really, absolutely do like (or even dislike) what you see, and you really, really want to tell me about it, you can e-mail me (see Blogger profile above). Thanks for being understanding. Now go check out those links sukka MC!