Tuesday, October 19, 2010

spooky


So this one was a given, since the original version of this photo I took a couple years ago was called "Spooky" when I uploaded it to Flickr. I decided to play around some with it in Flickr's Picnik this evening, however, to get an even spookier, more ghostly look. The pic was originally taken at the beautiful Bluemont Vineyards, in Bluemont, Virginia, where they sold these statues of creepy-lookin' little girls. I don't know what it was about those statues, but all I could think was, who in their right mind would buy one of these, and this coming from a guy who spends lots of his free time drawing monsters. But seriously, there's nothing that creeps me out more than this type of thing. Vampires are pretty boring, giant monsters are fun and kind of goofy, zombies can be scary, depending on the type, but those creepy little ghost kids seriously freak me out, and here I am posting one on my blog for this week's Illustration Friday theme "spooky". Let's just hope she doesn't jump out from the computer screen to eat my soul. Mommy!