Sunday, July 31, 2011

2011 dc zinefest update



Just wanted to post some pics from the DC Zinefest yesterday. Despite the crazy heat, lots of people showed up to St. Stephen's Church to check it out. I really had a blast, despite getting pretty hungry and hot by the final hour. That said, I want to thank everyone once again, who stopped by and took some time out to chat and buy some of my work. More than anything, the kind words from folks made my day. I was fortunate to share a table with my friend Matt Dembicki and his son Adam, who is an awesome young artist like his dad. As you can see from the photo above and a couple directly below, we worked on a wicked cool Splotch Monster collaboration! I made sure to buy two of Adam's latest comic books, which you can find out about more HERE, at his dad's blog. One can always count on Matt to do a thorough job covering these events.  I also posted some pics from the Splotch Monster workshop during the fest. It was truly great seeing adults of all ages getting into their work and having fun making their own monsters! Everyone was so kind and positive at the workshop and fest, I wish I had more time to talk with people Saturday. Anyhow, looking forward to next year's event in the meantime!