Thursday, November 17, 2011

everyday moments via instagram


Much like painting or drawing from life, taking photos can teach us to be present and "in the moment" more often. It's the tiny, seemingly mundane everyday occurrences, interspersed between the more grandiose that make living worth while, if we take the time out to slow down and pay attention. One of my all time favorite quotes comes from Ferris Bueller, when he says "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop to look around, you might miss it." This is something I need to make a concerted effort to focus on this upcoming holiday season. In the meantime, while I've been pretty occupied with wrapping up a few big projects, I managed to look around some myself and captured some of those tiny moments from the past couple of weeks, to share with you, with the help of my I-phone and Instagram.