Saturday, December 24, 2011

happy holidays to all!


Happy holidays all! I thought I'd feature some shots I took around last Thanksgiving when Kris and I were visiting friends and family in Pittsburgh, PA. All of the photos featured here were taken at the PPG Place in downtown Pgh. If anything, this place really captures the spirit of Christmas and the holiday season. My parents would take my brother and I here when we were kids and I remember how much fun we had looking at all the department stores and their Christmas decorations. Unfortunately, as more people started frequenting the malls, places like Horne's, Gimbels and Kaufmans all but disappeared. I miss those places around Christmastime and I admit, a good deal of that magic wont ever be recovered again. Still, they did quite a fantastic job downtown and I have a feeling it will only continue to get better. In the meantime, no matter where you are or who you are, make it a point to embrace all that is good, even though it might seem like there is very little good left, and know that you are worth more than any amount of money, or gifts or what others might say or think. Here's to a truly awesome new year and to many many more to come!