Wednesday, December 28, 2011

portlandia



Recently Kris got me hooked on a hilarious new show called Portlandia , written by and featuring Carrie Brownstein and Fred Armisen.  I don't think I've seen a comedy skit show this funny since early nineties SNL or The Upright Citizen's Brigade. The show was inspired by Carrie and Fred's observations of various people and culture in Portland, however I see the characters they portray and poke fun of everywhere, even in myself at times (so I'm glad I could have a good laugh at myself). Extreme political correctness, haphazard hipsterdom, hippie culture, annoying yuppies, uber-eco warriors and more don't escape Fred and Carrie's sharp satirical lens, resulting in some of the most dead-on funny characters and comedy skits around. Featured here are just a few of my favorite snippets from the show, including the one from the top called "Is It Local?", where a well-meaning couple takes conscious eating to absurd new levels. I told Kris, if I ever get this bad to please shoot me. So, take some time out, kick back, fire up the Netflix and check out Portlandia for a good laugh!