Monday, April 30, 2012

books available for pre-order at amazon now


I'm pleased to announce having some of my artwork featured in two upcoming books, both to be released September, 2012. The first one, coming out on September 5th, 2012, is entitled "Stickerbomb Monsters" (see above image), put out by Studio Rarekwai, and is already available for pre-order through Amazon.com. I'll have some Splotch Monster art featured in the book, alongside some pretty amazing artists from across the globe. I'm not even sure what monsters they chose for the book yet, so it should be pretty exciting. 


The second book will be released not even a week later, on September 11th, 2012, called "District Comics, An Unconventional History of Washington, DC", through Fulcrum Publishing, and is also available through pre-order at Amazon.com. While the Splotch Monsters were second nature for me, working on the comic strip for this book was my first "real" endeavor into writing and illustrating a short story in comic book form. My story in particular is a simple one about a nonhuman DC celebrity who was born and raised at the National Zoo, before going off to live in China, to the dismay of his rabid fan-base, and especially a particular crow. My very busy friend Matt Dembicki had the daunting task of editing the work, and I greatly look forward to seeing everyone else's stories in the book as well.