Friday, June 15, 2012

pothound


POTHOUND (2011) - A Short Film from Christopher Guinness on Vimeo.


Above is an excellent short film by some folks Kris knows from her home country Trinidad, called Pothound.  I love films like this, that tell a story with mostly images and few words. The music is great too, which is always important, especially with films like these.

One of the things that makes me sad when I visit Trinidad is the number of stray dogs who run around throughout the island, in the streets and on the beaches sometime. The dog in this film reminds me a lot of one in particular who I wanted to take home with me a couple of years back. There are efforts being made to help these dogs, but it's not enough. Maybe someday things will get better. In the meantime, this film has no moral message or meaning, just a homorous, action-packed, poetic and suspenseful day in the life of a charming, wandering dog through Trinidad. Enjoy!