Saturday, August 31, 2013

ahhhhhhh!



So it's been about a month since my wife and I have moved into our new home, and it's been a couple weeks since I've been back to school/work. During that time I was too busy to even think about drawing, though truth be told, I thought about it more than ever. At the start of my summer break last June, I hit the drawing table hard, for nearly a month, penciling, inking and coloring eleven pages for an upcoming book, drawing a comic strip for Magic Bullet 7, and drawing and coloring a Monsters Ink piece for something coming up soon, hopefully. Then BAM! It came time to hit the brakes, bringing everything to a sudden stop. Needless to say, my right hand was happy to get some much needed rest, as were my eyes. 

Above is a drawing I began in pencil last night and finished later this morning.  It was an idea I had running through my head for a while now and finally got around to working on. It'll be part of a mail art collaboration with a friend and former collaborator living in Pound, VA (that much I can say for now), and it'll be on it's way in the mail today. I guess I felt compelled to draw an Alligator Snapping Turtle for my part of this art collab, and I can't wait to see what my collaborating friend does with this one! It feels good to be back in the saddle again.