Saturday, January 18, 2014

sketch dump: 1/12/2014 - 1/18/2014


I've been trying to sketch from objects rather than photographs more lately, though the couple I did do from photos were based on some of my own, taken in Trinidad and Tobago a few years back. The beginning of the week began on a high note, as the wife and I visited a couple of our favorite vineyards, relaxed, sipped some wine, read and in my case, drew a tree (at North Gate Vineyard in Loudoun County). Unfortunately, the next time I would draw a tree would be in the middle of the week, on a Wednesday, looking out at my back yard while at home fighting the flu. Luckily, it was one that went away as quickly as it had hit me like a Mac truck Wednesday morning. Sadly, Kris is currently suffering from an even worse case of the flu, and I felt the final sketch of the week to be quite fitting, pretty much summing it all up for you. Thankfully, we both have Monday off from work, so some quality R&R is in order.