Monday, February 3, 2014

neal martineau art at exhibitions art gallery, martinsburg, wv



Saturday I visited the Exhibitions Art Gallery in Martinsburg, West Virginia to see the final day of Neal Martineau's art show. I had originally intended to make opening night, but the weather was nasty and I was pretty well pooped from a long week of work. Thankfully the drive out was beautiful and the weather was perfect. I had blogged here about Neal's art twice, since I had first discovered it last summer while hanging up some of my own work in Shepherdstown, WV. I couldn't believe my eyes upon viewing this amazing, vibrant, intensely imaginative, visionary art, and made by a guy twice my own age! I had to meet him (and at least buy some prints), and that I did, towards the end of last summer. It was so good talking to Neal, who is a wealth of cool knowledge and stories, and very witty to boot, and I was so happy to have been able to see and purchase more of his work again, in person, Saturday.  If you couldn't make the show, I took lots of photos, and there are twice as many more at my Flickr stream, for your personal visual enjoyment.


















If you do happen to be in the Martinsburg, WV area, which is only a mere ten-minute drive from Shepherdstown, also drop by the neighboring Queen Street Gallery, which has an extraordinary collection of vintage poster prints and art works by the like of Hundertwasser, Joan Miro, Basquiat, Keith Haring, Andy Warhol and many many more!