Sunday, February 9, 2014

sketch dump: 2/2 - 2/8/2014








Looking at my latest batch of drawings from last week, I've noticed two things that have been increasingly consistent. The first is the use of mechanical drawing pencils. I haven't used these things before doing this daily sketch thing, and I love 'em. Eventually I'm going to try some charcoal again as well, but I find that more suitable for larger scale, individual works. I also want to use some other types of drawing pencils, including graphite. The other consistency has been working with little still-life set ups, many times with me juxtaposing two things into a composition. I'll definitely continue to focus on one thing as well, but it's been fun adding an extra element to the mix. Photographing these drawings and displaying them via Instagram has also been somewhat of a creative challenge, which I've occasionally enjoyed as much and even more than the drawing part.