Thursday, April 17, 2014

"amazing marvels" ends soon at off-rhode studio


Yesterday I finally was able to catch the Amazing Marvels circus and sideshow-themed art exhibit at Off-Rhode Studio/Art Enables in Washington, D.C. I was there both to see the show as well as drop off some art for the next exhibit there, which I'll blog about very soon here at Go Flying Turtle. In the meantime, I was so glad to catch this truly amazing show in person, before it ends this coming Saturday, April 19th. As usual, the folks at Art Enables have done a fantastic job putting this show together and getting the word out, as more and more people in the D.C. region and beyond learn about this fine arts establishment and what they do.  Also, this show could not have happened without all the artists who exhibited their wonderful works, ranging from sculpture to photography, and paintings to prints, this show had it all, and you can see more HERE at my Flickr stream. On a side note, I was so happy to have learned that my two submissions (bottom two pics) that were accepted into the show both sold within an hour of the exhibit's opening day. I hate to seem like a braggart, but man, if that's not something to be happy about and remind myself of, each time I have my doubts about being an artist. Not to say you have to sell your work to justify yourself as an artist, but it can't hurt. If you make /sell your work, then you know exactly what I'm talking about. Anyhow, if you're in the area, please catch this show before it ends this Saturday, Saturday, Saturdaaaay!