Tuesday, April 28, 2015

alchemical vessel benefit at the joan hisaoka healing arts gallery friday, may 1st

Last Saturday I dropped by the Joan Hisaoka Healing Arts Gallery to get a closer look at the current Alchemical Vessel exhibit. I have to admit, on opening night I honestly did not comprehend a whole lot, with the sheer amount of people present in the space. On Saturday however, I was able to take in every single piece thoroughly, getting a closer look, and even getting some nice photos, some of which I posted here. I always had so much respect and admiration for both this place and the exhibit, and to have been nominated to be a part of it this year, makes me happy beyond belief. This coming Friday, May 1, from 7-9pm, the gallery will be holding their benefit event, where folks can pay to take home one of the many amazing, customized ceramic vessels from the show. Click HERE to learn more about this annual fundraiser to help people with cancer, and hopefully you too can be a part of it.

above piece by Jeff Herrity

above piece by Akemi Maegawa

above piece by Dan Treado

above piece by Yaroslav Koporulin

above piece by Susan Finsen and Michael Holt


above piece by Steve Loya

above piece by Kyujin Lee

above piece by Nate Lewis

above piece by F. Lennox Campello

above piece by Jeff Huntington