Wednesday, April 1, 2015

alchemical vessel opening night


Last Friday night I attended the opening reception for the 2015 Alchemical Vessel art exhibit and benefit at the Joan Hisaoka Healing Arts Gallery and it was great to see so many people pouring through the doors for this wonderful event. The sheer number of people and variety of amazing work on display was almost a bit overwhelming at times, but that's not necessarily a bad thing at all. I was glad to be joined by my friends Eric and Sara Gordon, a couple of excellent artists themselves, and I was fortunate to meet a fellow former Seneca Valley HS alumni and current DC resident and artist, Jeffery Paul, whose own vessel was hands-down my favorite in the room, which says a lot, considering the amount of amazing work there in the gallery. I'm hoping to be able to drop by soon again to get a better look at all the work, and be able to take it in in solitude. In the meantime, I'm so glad to have been nominated to contribute a piece to the show - it was a true artistic adventure and it gave me a newfound sense of accomplishment. In the meantime, there will be a closing reception on Friday, May 22, from 7-9pm, at the gallery.