Saturday, August 1, 2015

my kurdles book, signed by robert goodin


Yesterday I got my Kurdles book returned to me by cartoon artist, author and illustrator Robert Goodin. I'm so glad I found out about Goodin's work, and The Kurdles, and it's obvious this guy has been at it a while now - it's simply amazing, for lack of a better word. Asif the spectacular Kurdles drawing he did inside the book wasn't enough (a slick homage to an old Bat Man issue), he also sent me a gorgeous signed illustration he made for Walt Disney's Comics and Stories! If you haven't bought yourself a copy of The Kurdles, I suggest you do so immediately, that is, if you're a fan of impeccably good hand-drawn, hand-painted comic book art and illustration, and highly original, humorous and uniquely engaging storytelling. It's one of my all-time favorite books of any genre now, period. One can only hope another is in the making. You can find it HERE at Amazon or instead, at Fantagraphics HERE!