Saturday, February 27, 2016

alchemical vessel 2016 event flyers and details


Here is the official flyer for the 2016 Alchemical Vessel art exhibit and benefit at The Smith Center for Healing and the Arts/The Joan Hisaoka Healing Arts Gallery in Washington, D.C. I'm so glad they called me back to do another one this year, as last year's was an amazing experience. They changed things up a bit this time around, after several years, having artists customize ceramic bowls. This time around it is a cigar box. So far, mine is still a work in progress, and while I haven't posted photos of the box itself, I have been posting images of the eventual thirty-six tree drawings that will be a part of the box/piece. When it does get finished, which will be by the end of next week, I'll definitely post pics of the piece in it's entirety, as well as my artist's statement to be used in the show and catalog. In the meantime, the opening reception will take place at the Smith Center on Friday, march 18th, from 7-9pm. Click on the flyer images for a better look and further details!