Saturday, August 13, 2016

summer's end


Last week I was in Leesburg, Virginia for a little while, and decided to hit up some old stomping grounds. I always get a case of mixed feelings around this time of year, as I'll miss the free time, but not the heat - something I didn't seem to mind so much as a kid. In fact, we had a long, extended wet and rainy spell earlier in the spring this year, with temps in the mid-to-upper sixties. Everyone around me seemed to be complaining about it in one way or another, but I was loving it. Autumn is right up there with springtime for me, so I'm definitely looking forward to that crisp, cooler weather, where it's actually enjoyable to spend time out of doors. As a teacher, I always thought Autumn break would be a much better idea anyhow, with beautiful weather and festivals galore. It makes total sense. Still, I decided not to complain about the heat and embrace the season for what it is, and even take a walk and make the most of it. Last year was full of complaints, after getting a nearly month-long bout of nasty, unrelenting poison ivy. So far, Ive been spared, and have been extra-cautious. In the meantime, enjoy some of the pics I took, mostly along Harrison Street.