Monday, September 28, 2009

12 angry women art exhibit at the soundry



Last Saturday night Kris and I stopped by The Soundry, in Vienna, Virginia to check out the 12 Angry Women art show. It was a juried art exhibit where twelve local women, all involved with art on a professional level, decided upon works of art created only by male artists. It was a fantastic show, featuring all types of art, including some wildly imaginative sculptural pieces, photographs, canvases and even a vinyl record (yes, one of my "Vinyl Monkeys" made it into the show). I was impressed with the quality of much of the work in the exhibit and how well everything was showcased throughout this relatively new art studio/gallery space on the outskirts of Washington, DC. My wife and I would have stuck around longer but we had to resume dog sitting two loony but adorable teenage boxers that night. In the meantime, below are a few pics I took from the event.